According to today’s Russia report, the Indian Defense Research Institute said that the combat readiness rate of the Indian Air Force Su-30 fleet is only 60%. The Indian Defense Research Institute pointed out that the remaining 40% of fighters are either under maintenance or grounded due to the delayed supply of spare parts. The Indian authorities are worried that under the background of special military operations in Ukraine and the landing of economic sanctions against Russia, the situation may further deteriorate and the combat readiness rate may fall below 50%.
Su-30 large area lying down
After the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, many countries in the world were asked by the United States and the west to stand in line. The attitude of most American allies on this matter is obvious and chose to follow the United States. However, some countries have made independent decisions, such as India, which adheres to the neutral position and even abstained from voting in the resolutions on condemning Russia proposed by the United States and the West for many times, which also aroused strong dissatisfaction between the United States and the west, and US President Biden denounced the country publicly.
Modi’s attitude this time is so tough, first of all, because the country is an independent sovereign state, so it can make decisions independently. Secondly, because of the strategic partnership between the country and Russia, India is highly dependent on Russia for weapons and equipment, so it is something the country is unwilling to do to destroy the relationship with Russia.
However, as the United States and Western countries continue to impose sanctions on Russia, it is also bad news for India. After all, Russia needs to put more weapons and equipment into the battlefield. As a major arms exporter, the country naturally needs to reduce foreign arms exports or delay the delivery of foreign weapons temporarily. Due to the high need for India to import weapons and equipment or parts from Russia, it is inevitable that India will be affected.
Relevant data show that the combat readiness rate of Indian Air Force Su-30 fighters is only about 60%, while for an efficient air force, the combat readiness rate must reach at least 70%. Obviously, the combat capability of the Indian Air Force has been greatly weakened.
India still uses the SU-30MKI fighter, which is a 4 + fighter. It is the most advanced of the Su-30 series and can be said to be the main force of the country’s air force. In the past few years, the country has also introduced a lot of relevant technologies from Russia and realized domestic production lines. However, at present, it is still at the assembly level, and many important parts still need to be imported from Russia.
Now, due to the outbreak of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, there are problems in the Russian supply chain, which leads to 40% of the fighters of the Indian air force being repaired or grounded due to missing parts. The country’s military experts also believe that if the situation in Russia and Ukraine continues to intensify, the impact on the Indian Air Force will continue to expand, and it is entirely possible that the combat readiness rate will eventually fall below 50%.
It also reminds China
The fundamental reason for this situation is that India’s military strength is not strong enough. The country is far behind some world powers in military development, but the country is obsessed with its own military strength. It is undeniable that through external procurement, the country has many advanced weapons and equipment in the world. However, if the core technology is not in its own hands, once there is any problem, this situation will appear.
This incident also reminds China that China must further strengthen the development of the national military industry, master more core technologies in its own hands and strive to achieve localized development. Only in this way can we ensure that it will not be controlled by others at any time in the future.
Similarly, this is actually a warning to other countries in the world. It is always right to strengthen their comprehensive national strength at any time. Don’t place your hopes on other countries. Between countries, interests are the most fundamental. The so-called “ Friendship ” Sometimes it’s not so strong.
Original article,If reprinted, please indicate the source:https://www.todaynews.cc/news/vlG6BYL.html